Having a blast this summer

I know I’ve been absent from the blogosphere lately and I thought I would check in and say hello. This summer has been wonderful and full of fun events. Last weekend we went to the races at Newmarket. It was my first time attending horse races in England and it was an interesting and exciting experience. We couldn’t have asked for better weather and our friends prepared a wonderful picnic.

Not only have we been super busy having a blast this summer, I’ve been busy getting my third novel ready for publication. It’ll be released in September. I’m looking for tour hosts who are willing to post a spotlight, review (free review copy provided), or an excerpt of Confessions From A Coffee Shop. The tour runs from September 9th – 30th. If you would like to participate, leave me a comment below or send me an email: tbmarkinson@gmail.com

I hope everyone is well. And soon our nice weather will be gone and I’m sure I’ll be blogging more. Lots to catch up on, including a trip to Trieste, Vienna, and Berlin.

This entry was posted in Everyday life, London and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

67 Responses to Having a blast this summer

1. How wonderful! And congrats on the new book 🙂

2. Rorybore says:

I would so LOVE to have seen the races. And I love the hats too. Exciting news for you – congrats on the 3rd book! Sounds intriguing! I know I’ve probably said way too much when in a caffeine stupor before! LOL

3. lulu says:

Time out from blogging and having a blast is a very good thing.

4. Oh man, you’ve been everywhere!!! We need those posts 😉

5. I’ve never seen a race in person. I would love to! 🙂 Congrats on the new book!

6. aFrankAngle says:

Cheers to your great summer … and oh my my … you went to Trieste? Do they still have a sign where I was born? 😉 Looking forward to the post.

7. Colline says:

What fun. I went to the races when I was in Mauritius – not as posh as your experience I think 🙂

8. Hi TBM, it’s good to see you’re back. Congratulations on the new book!
    How are your lovely dogs?
    I’ve never been to a horse race, that must be exciting, did you bet?

Miles and Att are having a blast this summer as well. They both love basking in the sun. Didn’t make any bets since I’m really, really good at losing money.

9. Picnics at the races are wonderful fun! So glad the writing is going so well 🙂

10. Congratulations! On a wonderful and adventurous summer and your third novel ready to go! I wish you great success!

11. Lucid Gypsy says:

The races on a warm day make a great day out!

12. I love the yellow/black comibnations in all of your attire!

13. Valentina says:

Summer gives us the permission to be lazy. Have fun.

14. The Guat says:

I’m so glad you’re having a blast! Definitely deserve it with all the movie and book writing you’ve been doing. Do your thing buddy and next time don’t forget your yellow outfit.

15. Darlene says:

Pleased to hear you are having a fabulous summer. Good luck with your new book!!

I have never been to a race before, it looks great…did you bet? 😉

Congrats for your new book. I wish I can participate in the review but I don’t even have time to finish my previous book and I rarely blog now due to my work.

17. Melly says:

Looks like a beautiful day! Did you place any winning bets?

18. Isobel says:

I have been to Newmarket many times, walked by the race course , even over it on a Boxing Day ramble one year, but never attended a race meet.

19. I’ve been pretty absent from the blogosphere lately, too. Glad your absence is because of an awesome summer! And how exciting about your third novel, too. Good luck with it! 🙂

20. Wow, you have been busy! Congrats on the third novel. 🙂

21. bocafrau says:

I’m so glad I’m not the only one who’s been missing from the blogosphere. I was just thinking about you and looking up your blog so I could link to it – I’m almost finished reading Marionette (finally — so sorry it took me so long) and I’m mentioning it in my upcoming post!
    Can’t believe your third book is coming out. Can’t wait to read that one and will be happy to shine a spotlight on it for you whenever you need!!! 🙂

No worries. I never want to pressure people to read any book during a certain time period. Reading should be relaxing. Deadlines ruin it.

I’ll email you soon about the Confessions spotlight. Thanks so much!

22. Jo Bryant says:

Well I am thrilled you are having a blast. I am down with the flu at the moment…and just kind of down. The Daughter left NZ last Sunday for Switzerland [I am thrilled for her…just not for me], and adjusting to the fact I will not be able to hug her if the need arises…well you get my meaning. As for the book…count me in please.

I’m so sorry to hear you have the flu. I hope you’re getting plenty of rest and drinking lots of fluids. The flu stinks big time. And I know how much you’ll miss your daughter. Separation isn’t easy. But now you have a wonderful reason to visit Switzerland (not that you needed a reason).

Will email you soon about Confessions. Thanks!

23. StephMWard says:

Looking forward to your new novel!

24. Geoff W says:

What no hat pictures?!? 😀

25. Bright yellow seems to be the unofficial dress code. 🙂
    Looking forward to the posts from your trips!

26. Glad you are having a wonderful summer! Congrats on the third book!! I now have a Kindle to read it on!

How are you liking your Kindle? Before I got mine I didn’t think I would take to it. dead wrong. I have hundreds of books on it and I love the fact that I always have a book with me.

27. I’ve been really busy this summer too. Gee, I wonder why?? LOL! We both have a lot of catching up to do don’t we?

28. Sounds like you’ve really been making the most of the English summer. A picnic at the races must be such a lot of fun. 🙂

29. pattisj says:

It has been a busy summer. I’m still behind. I need a long winter, snowed in, I think. LOL Can’t wait to hear about your trip.