Did someone say beer?

A couple of weeks ago, I had plans to go to the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin. When the day arrived, I considered not going. Not because I don’t like Guinness. I do. But I was feeling horrible. I didn’t know it at the time, but two days later, I was in bed with the flu.

Not wanting to let my friend down, I rallied and went. Truth be told, the promise of beer at the end of the tour was the deciding factor.

Below you’ll find some photos. The ones of the views were snapped while enjoying a pint in the extremely crowded Gravity Bar offering 360 degree views of the city.

Recently I entered the world of self-publishing with my novel, A Woman Lost. Follow me on my indie publishing adventure on tbmarkinson.wordpress.com. Follow my challenge to travel to 192 countries, read 1,001 books, and watch AFI's top 100 movies on 50yearproject.wordpress.com
This entry was posted in Ireland and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Did someone say beer?

1. Lb says:

Hi. Getting the flu is a real bugger! Hope you are feeling much better now. Really enjoy seeing your photos.

2. Ooh, great photos. Seems like a neat place to visit. That’s a real shame about the flu, though. Those are never fun, for sure!

I enjoyed the visit and the beer 🙂 The flu is hideous. And I was too sick to read while in bed for days. That was the worst part.

3. I don’t like guinness but I think the brewery tour would have been interesting. I’ve managed the odd distillery 🙂 Great photos too. Feel better asap.

I love going on brewery tours. And wineries. Not sure they make wine in Ireland. After a quick Google search, I see that they do. Hmmm… road trip, maybe?

• My choice would be the Wicklow one because it’s a beautiful part of the country and not too far from Dublin, followed by the Waterford one because that’s a pretty part too. Leaves the Cork lot for later.

4. That’s like heaven for me. Glad you managed to go.

5. Beer is the best medicine you know :). By the way, was the beer served warm or cold? Please say cold!! Warm beer is just nasty LOL.

6. Darlene says:

That would be an interesting tour, even though I don’t drink beer of any kind. Hope you are feeling better now.

Much better thanks! It took well over a couple of weeks. However, it’s given me a great excuse to knock off work early to read now that I’m past the can’t get out of bed, move, or think stage.

7. The Guat says:

That Gravity Bar looks AWESOME! When my cousin went to Europe a couple of years ago one of her must stops was Guinness. So glad you were able to go to the pub of all pubs, but sorry you weren’t feeling well at the end. Hope you’ve turned the corner. Nice pics!